About me

  In all honesty, this should have been my first post, but I was overzealous and jumped right in to the reviews. So here is some bits-o-info about me that you might find interesting (or not) and relevant (or not).

  You might be asking yourself, "Self, what makes this chick qualified to review products and then post it to the internet for all the world to see?" Answer: Because I can! Seriously, I am a consumer just like everyone else. I do my research before buying a product to see what opinions and experiences others have had with said product. I read blogs, and watch a lot of YouTube. (TV? What's that?) I don't just do research posted or recorded by people with similarities to me; i.e: Skin color, skin tone, hair color, eye color, skin conditions, weight or interests in general. I watch and read from a wide range of people so that I can have a somewhat educated opinion on how a product might work for people who DO NOT have similarities to me. I research to know what to spend my (limited amount of) money on and what not to. I research so I can answer questions from family, friends, acquaintances and clients.

  Clients you say? Clients I do say! I am a make up artist, through actual cosmetology training, specialized training with different make up companies, The Robert Jones Beauty Academy (Master level thank you very much) and currently through QC Makeup Academy. I am a perpetual student. There is always something new to learn, new trends hitting the runways and media and when people ask me, I want to be able to answer honestly and with as much knowledge as possible. That being said, I DO NOT claim to be a expert in all things beauty. I would like to be, but that is a title bestowed upon oneself by another expert. Yes, I make YouTube tutorials, but don't consider myself a "guru". It has nothing to do with my subscriber number, which is, admittedly, only in the double digits (that's because I do it for fun, and don't hound people to sub me just to have a high number. I want people to subscribe only if they like what I am doing); but because I almost loathe the term "guru". I see so many young and not so young individuals introducing themselves as YouTube Make Up Gurus, and I am like, ummm, okay..what makes you a guru? Okay, back on topic..I do not claim to be an expert and I have absolutely no problem telling anyone that asks me some thing I don't know, "I don't know." That is usually followed by a promise to find out, research it for them, or offer suggestions to someone who might. No shame in my game. If I don't know, I will tell you and have no problem telling you where you might be able to find the info or who might be a good/better person ask.

  I have been a licensed cosmetologist ( all encompassing, hair, nails, skin, make up and more). After my first divorce (my hardest decision EVER) I left that field because I wanted to pursue a career in the medical field. I became an EMT and while I loved helping people, being a mother of 4, I was never home and there were many images that haunted me at night when I closed my eyes. Not to mention I became very over protective of my children (worse than I already am) and had no outlet for my creativity. All the while I was still doing the whole cosmo thing for friends and family. Then after my second divorce, (not my choice, but the BEST thing that could ever happen to me) I became a full time cake decorator. It was a wonderful way to getting back to creating things, making them beautiful and helping to bring a smile to the faces of others. One fall, when the children were with their father in another state (pain beyond belief!!), I took an old friend up on an offer to move to Las Vegas, and see what I could do with my life there while I was recovering from the fact that my children all wanted to go live with their father for a year (which, by the way, lasted all of a month and a half :-D) I went to work for a famous cupcake bakery as a shift leader and although I was doing something I loved, it was not what I would consider fulfilling. In the mean time, my "old friend" aka a friend I had a HUGE crush on in high school and I fell in love. We were together for over 2 years before we got married in December of 2012. Turns out I married my best friend! Well,do to circumstances with the school district he worked for and huge budget cuts, we, and the children, moved back to our home town. He went to work for a former employer and I started my dessert business up again. Life was good.

  Life is still good, but I have now realized that my true calling is in the beauty industry. That is where I was the happiest. So, next week (March 16th, 2013; hopefully) I will be returning to cosmetology school for a 600 hour refresher course be fore going to State Board for my exam. Wish me luck y'all, cause beauty school is a Jerseylicious version of high school. I am 35 years old!! I am going to stick out like a beehive hairdo in the 80's! Oh well.

  So there you have it. That's me, that's who I am, that's what makes me qualified (or not) to write this blog. I will say that anything I post here is my honest opinion. For example, I am an AVON rep., but if I do not like a product or do not believe it does what it claims to do, I will tell you, just as I would tell my customers and clients. I am not about selling a certain brand or product, I am about telling it like it is and being true to my customers, clients, and readers (hopefully there will be some soon) and letting y'all know what has worked for me and what hasn't. I ask that you keep in mind that all experiences are mine, and yours may vary. I might hate something, say so, but also recommend it for someone else. (See Banana Boat Summer Color review)

  At the end of the day, I want to know that I gave my honest opinion (READ: OPINION) and what specific facts I do know about a product and share them with you all. If there is a product you would like me to review, let me know..I will do my best to do so. Note: Somethings I won't be able to, just because of monetary restrictions. And I appreciate feedback, if you tried a product I review and have a different opinion or experience, let me know!! All I ask is that you be respectful. No need to try to make yourself look better than others because, honey, there will always be someone better looking and smarter than you and I!!

With all that said, I hope you have a better feeling for who I am and I hope to hear from you!

This would be me! 


Example of my Cake Decorating Skills
















My best friend and I on our wedding day (excuse the Larry the Cable Guy Shirt, he was a little over heated)





Nail Artwork




Makeup Artistry (pics are of myself because I have not obtained permission from models to post their pictures. When/if I do, I will post them here.)





All posts and pictures are the sole intellectual and artistic work of the author, unless otherwise stated. Do not  share pictures, portions of text or text in it's entirety without permission of the author. You may share the link to this blog post.



MY LINKS:

https://twitter.com/ElizabethGlam77

https://www.facebook.com/ElizabethGlam77

https://twitter.com/BRwithElizabeth

http://www.youtube.com/user/ElizabethGlam77

www.youravon.com/clear6676

http://instagram.com/elizabethglam77/

http://www.beautylish.com/GlamourByElizabeth

http://www.beautorial.com/usr/elizabeth-martin-clear









No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you, but please, be respectful! Thank you!