L.A. Fresh Travel-lite Makeup Remover Wipes

  In case I haven't mentioned it, and I am sure I haven't, I am a subscriber to the ipsybag "club".  This isn't going to be a review of the IpsyBag subscription service, but I will say that before I decided which service to subscribe to, i.e; Glossy Box, Birch Box, etc.;I did a lot of research on the different services. I polled my friends, YouTube acquaintances and on Beautylish.com. The overwhelming response was definitely to subscribe to the Ipsy Glam Bag service. Up to this point, I haven't been disappointed. I was not wowed by this month's bag, but you win some and lose some I guess. Overall, I am pleased with my subscription to this service and would recommend it. That being said, two of my reviews this week are on products I received in this months bag.

  We all know that makeup wipes and remover wipes are a makeup bag essential. If the come in little travel sizes, so much the better. There are,of course, so many to choose from. Just about every skin care line has has their own version of makeup remover wipes. But for the most part (in my humble opinion) they are basically repackaged baby wipes that maybe or maybe not, have added ingredients to dissolve makeup.

  So when I got my glam bag this month, I wasn't overexcited to find a travel pack of some new brand (new to me anyway) of makeup remover wipes, but then again, they were travel size and fit in my makeup bag...hey ho.

  This new brand touts on the packaging, " dissolves makeup from eyes, lips and face. Moisturizing formula with vitamin E". Since I have sensitive skin, I always check to see what the first ingredient is, in this case it is water..YAY!! The next was mineral oil followed by nine other ingredients that I cannot pronounce and fragrance. Because of my sensitive skin, I tend to shy away from products that have fragrance. But, really, let's face it, this product was basically (minus subscription charge +S&H) free.

  I'll admit that my curiosity was piqued at the claim that it "melts" makeup from the face, as I have severe hyperpigmentation on my cheeks and jawline and therefore use a basic foundation and Vichy DermaBlend as a concealer over my trouble areas. Mind you, if I am taking my makeup off with wipes, I can easily use 4-6 wipes. If washing my face, I have to wash twice.

Bit O'Info: you may be saying to yourself, "Self, that is a lot of product and just HAS to be bad for the skin!" It does sound like a lot of product because, well, it is. However, I have strict skin care regimen that I follow morning and night so I do not experience clogged pores or breakouts. My breakouts are always hormonal, thank you very much Mother Nature!

 Finally it was time to give this product a go.

  When I first opened the package, it did have an obvious scent, but a clean and fresh one..bonus! The wipes were quite moist, yet not soaked. The product melts makeup alright, along with my face! As soon as swiped across my face the first time, my skin was on fire. And the sensitive, thin under eye are? Fugedaboutit!! I immediately had to go and use my regular face wash just to get the product off of my skin. Yes, it was burning and stinging that bad.

  As I mentioned that I have a skin care regimen that I follow twice a day, some of the products contain Salicylic Acid and my toner has a bit of low percentage alcohol, so I would confidently say that I have built a tolerance to a little stinging. But this was like, what the heck! What melts the makeup? Muratic acid? Sheesh!

  So I went back to the label with the ingredients. Fragrance could have been the culprit, as could the mineral oil have been. Taking a second look at the nine ingredients I could not pronounce, five of them ended with -paraben. Okay, huge oversight on my part. This product is not paraben free.

  Another Bit O'Info: Parabens are a preservative found in many skin, hair and personal care products. Recent studies show that there is a link between parabens and certain types of skin cancer as well as breast cancer, as paraben mimic the hormone estrogen.
http://thegoodhuman.com/2007/06/21/what-are-parabens-and-why-should-you-avoid-them/

  Bottom line: this product contains chemicals that most people are avoiding these days, just to be on the safe side and burns like the dickens. Would I recommend this product..uh, no.

As always, this was MY experience with this product. If you decide to try it, yours may vary. If you have tried this product and have had a different experience I would love hear about it so leave a comment.


Letter grade: Big fat F!!

Product info:
www.LaFreshGroup.com

1-888-5-la-fresh
1-888-552-3737

https://twitter.com/ElizabethGlam77

https://www.facebook.com/ElizabethGlam77

https://twitter.com/BRwithElizabeth

http://www.youtube.com/user/ElizabethGlam77

www.youravon.com/clear6676

http://instagram.com/elizabethglam77/

http://www.beautylish.com/GlamourByElizabeth

http://www.beautorial.com/usr/elizabeth-martin-clear



*All posts, text and photos are the written and intellectual property of the author. Do not copy or re-post any text or photos; in whole or part as your own. Links to the full posting is allowed.* ~Give credit where credit is due~

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog. Im just starting.. here is mine makeupmama2three.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will indeed check yours out!

      Delete

I look forward to hearing from you, but please, be respectful! Thank you!